Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mad Tea Party Cinnamon Swirl Cupcakes


It's the Mad Tea Party and I was so excited about sharing the recipe for these cupcakes. I'm on a bit of a cupcake kick right now if you couldn't tell. I thought long and hard about what I was going to make for this Mad Tea Party and I had a hard time deciding between so many different recipes. But, I finally picked one and decided to create these wonderfully moist and fluffy cinnamon swirl cupcakes.

And what's even better is that they were SUPER easy to make. It took me less than an hour to get everything put together, baked, and cleaned up. It was fantastic! And I only dirtied up about three dishes which was even better because I hate doing dishes! Anyways, here is a step by step picture tutorial on how to recreate these decadent cinnamon swirl cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I also have an obsession with cream cheese frosting if you couldn't tell that either.

Ingredients
8 tblsps Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
1 1/3 cups Cake Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 large Eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Cinnamon
1/2 cup Brown Sugar

Frosting
1 1/2 sticks Butter
8oz Cream Cheese
2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 tblsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions 

Combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk until even and no lumps can be seen.



In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffy. Add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time, mixing until each egg is fully incorporated into the mixture. With the stand mixer on low speed slowly begin to mix in the flour mixture. Alternate with the 1/2 cup of milk in three additions beginning with the milk and ending with the flour. Mix until everything is just incorporated all together. Do not over mix!!!!


Mix together the cinnamon and the brown sugar being sure to remove any lumps that may have formed. Pour this mixture over the batter and carefully fold into the cake batter. Don't mix it all in. It should only take about six turns of a spatula and it's done.


 Evenly distribute the batter amongst the prepared muffin tins. Do not fill the pans more than 2/3 of the way full. I accidentally did and had gigantic cupcakes that were spilling over the sides. Bake the cupcakes at 350°F for 20 minutes rotating the pans half way through the cooking process. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.

For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and the butter until fluffy before adding in the powdered sugar. Once the powdered sugar is absorbed add in the salt and vanilla and if desired a tablespoon of heavy cream. Mix together until fluffy.

  
And this is what you get after everything is said and done. 


Sorry for my poor photography skills. I'm still learning.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. No need photography skills to make yummy cupcakes! (I prefer cupcakes itself! lol
    Thank you for sharing the recipe! I am culinary challenged but one of these days I will dare! Have happily mad day!
    xo,
    Karla
    www.dreamaginarius.com

    ReplyDelete